Wednesday, July 22, 2015

We Can Do Anything, All It Takes Is Faith!

When I was 17, I had viral meningitis and encephalitis. This was a struggle for my family, I was in and out of hospitals. I started having seizures, I went through depression, having short term memory lost, and even my weight dropped dramatically. I don't remember my prom, or graduation and I attended both. Very depressing when you think about it. I even had doctors telling my parents I would never be the same or to be able to read or go to school again.

Before that I had been writing and reading my whole life. I've read so many books and wrote so many short stories, but never did I imagine myself actually publishing.

When I was younger I always wanted to be an entertainer. I loved to sing and write my own songs. I was pretty good at it. But it was when  recorded a view lines of my song that I realized i didn't want to get up and perform in front of millions of people.. oh gosh no. So I took a step back and a few days later I told my brother this isn't what I want to do anymore, I've found my calling, I want to write. He said "If that's what you want to do, go for it." That's what I did, I went for it.

In December 2007 I sat in front of a blank screen and I thought about what those doctors said and I just started typing. I typed for 20 mins a day and stopped. By the time two weeks came I went through all my 20 min writings and notice that it all sync together. I wrote and I wrote. I let my family read it, and got great feed back.

I worked on my book for years, I graduated from college, and read more books than you could imagine and even though I was very impatient, my impatient became patient and turned out to be a lot of fun to beat the odds to graduate and finish my book.

Now in September 2015, I will release my first book and I'm excited. I have a degree. Life is good.

I'm thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment